Why Invest in Hair System Maintenance
Hair systems are intended to provide you with the experience of real hair. Just like real hair, though, correct maintenance and upkeep are required to keep your hair system looking and feeling its best. This is particularly important as hair systems are more susceptible to damage from external influences and need some protection considerations beyond real hair. In an effort to save you money by prolonging the life of your hair system, the following points represent the top five reasons you should invest in the correct maintenance processes.
- Maintain Color: While playing in the summer sun is an enticing way to spend an afternoon, UV rays can cause discoloration and produce shades of red or orange. Using UV-blocking products is essential to keeping the color of your hair system exactly where you want it to be!
- Prevent Hair Loss: Shedding can be an unfortunate side effect of hair systems due to bacteria or unintentional pulling so proper maintenance is crucial. Small tricks that you can employ at home include avoiding hats and sleeping on satin pillowcases, but certain products are also necessary. The best tips include using leave-in conditioner, using a detangler before brushing, and using a knot sealer to keep styling materials away from the base. Additionally, limit shampooing to one or two times per week and make sure that you rinse in one direction to reduce tangles and the risk for breakage.
- Achieve Soft, Lifelike Texture: Not all hair systems are created equal, but through consistent and regular maintenance you can have a soft, realistic hair appearance. Aside from limiting shampooing, limiting exposure to chlorine and avoiding hair drying altogether will keep hair much softer and more lifelike.
- Natural Hair Appearance: While cutting, styling, and coloring are all things that can be done to your hair system, it is important to remember that all three should be left in the hands of professionals. To keep your hair system looking natural, though, it is important to clean the build-up that accumulates from adhesives and the elements. Soaking the hair system in adhesive remover, using a small brush, and using a gentle dish soap on the base will also assist in creating the natural look.
- Savings in the Long-run: While hair systems do not typically last forever, the life of a hair system and the satisfaction that it brings you are both factors that are entirely dependent on proper hair maintenance. By taking care of your hair system, you are ultimately saving yourself the time, stress, and money of having to replace it before absolutely necessary.